One of my favorite things to do is to find a healthier way to make any food I crave. I see so many people trying so hard to resist sweets or their favorite savory foods, when really that’s not necessary because there is a healthy, real-food way to make just about anything. This healthy chicken wings recipe is the perfect example.
With just a few simple upgrades, these chicken wings turn into a healthy game day snack or easy healthy dinner that the entire family will love. Here’s how ya do it. Instead of frying, bake the chicken wings. (It’s not only healthier, it’s easier; you can just throw these puppies on a cookie sheet and go about your day.) And instead of loaded in a ton of sugary BBQ sauce, make your own sauce with real maple syrup, a clean hot sauce like the one from Siete Foods, and dairy-free butter like ghee.
If you’re really feeling wild, you can make these EVEN healthier by pairing with a side of chopped veggies like carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes for fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. You’re going to love these!
Healthy Chicken Wings
1 pound chicken wings
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons ghee
1/2 cup hot sauce
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
2. In a bowl, season the wings generously with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil.
3. Place a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Lay the wings in a flat layer over the wire rack.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip, and bake another 15 minutes.
5. While the wings bake, in a small pot over medium heat, add the ghee and hot sauce.
6. Stir together until warm, about 2 minutes.
7. When the chicken wings are cooked through, add to the sauce pot and stir until coated.
8. Transfer the wings to a plate. Eat solo or serve with chopped fresh veggies.
For more easy upgrades to popular cravings like chocolate, muffins, and more, download this free recipe guide!
And for more easy dinner ideas, check out the Taste of Health Meal Plan — out now!