Packed with anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids, wild salmon is one of those foods it’s hard to overdo, and I try to include it in one form or another almost every week. Yet, I occasionally find myself tiring of the same old salmon and asparagus tray-bake, and looking for more creative ways to eat it. Enter: this delicious, gluten-free salmon burger recipe from the Summer Meal Plan.
Coming in at 20 minutes or less, it’s an easy, healthy workweek dinner. Essentially, all you do is mix everything in one bowl, shape into patties, and cook the patties until they’re nice and golden. Then, you can either make a burger or lettuce-wrap with the patties. I like to make one big batch, then save in the fridge to re-purpose throughout the week by crumbling over salads, into omelettes, or as a side to veggie dishes.
Delicious, Anti-Inflammatory Gluten-Free Salmon Burgers
Ingredients (makes about 6 patties)
2 green onion stalks
4 cloves garlic, minced
Zest + juice of 1 lemon
2 6 oz. cans wild salmon (drained)
2 t. dried dill
2 t. dijon mustard
Pinch sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste
3 T. almond or coconut flour
1 T. ghee
4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Prep anything requiring chopping: slice green onion, mince garlic, and zest + juice lemon.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, minus the ghee, lettuce leaves, and avocado.
- Heat ghee on a skillet at medium-high heat until hot. While the ghee heats, form mixture into 6 patties.
- Add patties and cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until golden brown. Be gentle flipping!
- Place each patty on a romaine lettuce leaf. Top with fresh avocado. Other excellent toppings if you have them handy include tartar sauce or this paleo garlic aioli mayo. Nom, nom, nom.
The Taste of Health Summer Meal Plan
Get 30+ other easy healthy recipe ideas in the Summer Meal Plan to simplify workweek nutrition, beat health-food burnout, and get fresh recipe inspiration for summer.