One of my biggest discoveries in living – and maintaining – a healthy lifestyle is that no foods are off limits, but all foods can be upgraded to a healthier, more nutrient-dense, richer version of themselves.
I remember how I used to eat. I’d pour over a new health book, fervently commit to following it, and decide to embrace my new lifestyle Monday morning. I’d spend the rest of the weekend indulging in all of my favorite things – pizza, pasta, ice cream, chocolate – making sure I really went all out before bidding farewell to them forever in my new life.
For a few days or weeks, I’d stick to my plans. In order to keep to my regimen perfectly, I’d pass on an invite to a birthday party to avoid temptation, or make chicken and steamed broccoli at home instead of opting for happy hour with coworkers. But eventually, something would strike – a bad day, a surprise outing, an overwhelming craving – and I’d cave back to my old habits, and cave hard, eating everything in sight. Knowing what I know now, of course I did.
A living, breathing person has all kinds of cravings – and a whole, full life has all kinds of foods. Once I began working with my cravings instead of against them, I noticed them retreat in intensity. I was surprised with how good the alternatives could taste, and how much better I felt after eating them. In this recipe guide, I share the recipes I love and rely on to live a healthy life — not just when my will power is strong, but day in and day out, because it’s easy and feels good.
In this recipe guide, you get:
- 20 completely nourishing, healthy recipes – all naturally gluten-free and dairy free, without any refined sugars
- Healthy, delicious versions of your most craved foods – pizza, cream sauces, muffins, cupcakes, and more
- Recipes to use for every meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even a few drink ideas
- Full-color photographs for each recipe, so you can see exactly what you’re making, before you dive in
What’s included — get healthy versions of:
- Breakfast: Pancakes, cereal, omelets, and muffins
- Lunch: Take-out, sandwiches, pasta, and tacos
- Dinner: Burgers, meatballs, alfredo sauce, and charcuterie plates
- Dessert: Cupcakes, pudding, chips, and ice cream
- Drinks: Coffee, hot cocoa, wine, and soda